Answered

Channels mixed up on 5.1 content

• 1 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

Has anyone encountered a problem where audio (specifically with 5.1 content) will occasionally have the channels mixed up? I will occasionally get all audio sent to the surrounds when using both Disney+ and Netflix, but only with 5.1 content. 

If I change the audio format from passthrough to auto it seems to help, but I am at a loss what is going on. I have reset both the TV and the Apple TV, which did not help. I also tested the Arc with another Apple TV and TV, and the issue persists. It seems like the Arc is having a problem decoding the 5.1 content. 

Setup:

- LG C2
- Apple TV
- Sonos Arc + Sub Mini + Symfonisk Surrounds

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 January 2024, 10:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

As you say it happens when using Disney+ and Netflix I’d delete both apps from the AppleTV boxes and reinstall them. 

Let us know if the issue does or does not persist.

Badge

Hi

As you say it happens when using Disney+ and Netflix I’d delete both apps from the AppleTV boxes and reinstall them. 

Let us know if the issue does or does not persist.

I did previously try deleting both the apps, did not change anything. I did also factory reset the Apple TV, which also didn't help the problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@MommaGoose 

What kind of audio format is Sonos app showing when this happens? 
Can you exclude that by mistake AppleTV audio output is set to Airplay?

Badge

@MommaGoose

What kind of audio format is Sonos app showing when this happens? 
Can you exclude that by mistake AppleTV audio output is set to Airplay?

From Sonos it says Multichannel PCM 7.1. Double checked the Apple TV settings, it is not set to Airplay. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@MommaGoose 

At this piont the ultima ratio would be a factory reset of the Arc. If this also doesn’t help, I suggest sending a diagnosis and to contact Sonos support. 

Badge

@MommaGoose

At this piont the ultima ratio would be a factory reset of the Arc. If this also doesn’t help, I suggest sending a diagnosis and to contact Sonos support. 

I think that is my best bet. I don't have much hope this will correct it, but is worth a shot. I have been having this issue for a while now, and the arc has been factory reset in this time. I will give it a shot though, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MommaGoose 

Please do not factory reset your Arc. Instead, please read this report from another user. We were able to confirm this in our own testing:

I hope this helps.