Answered

Cant set up beam surround with symfonix

• 13 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone, we have a Sonos beam which is set up to our tv through the arc connection- works fine. 
Then we have two more Sonos speakers from IKEA- Symfonix. One is the lamp and the other is the bookshelf. 
They have all been set up and connected to the Sonos S2 app. 
When I go on the app onto the beam and try and set up surround sound (all speakers are on and connected to WiFi) it says- two compatible speakers are required...  are we doing something wrong? All speakers are connected on the app and so should be compatible? I can’t work out why it won’t work?
Thanks in advance, Christy. 

icon

Best answer by Paul A 13 October 2020, 22:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Christy1990.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to add surrounds to your Sonos Beam, let me help out.

I would like to recommend this guide about surround sound guidelines and limitations which discusses all there is to know about the limitation and guidelines when adding surrounds to your Sonos Home theater speaker. Adding surrounds to your Sonos Home theater speaker requires 2 exact same model Sonos devices which means either 2 Symfonisk Bookshelf speaker or 2 Symfonisk Table Lamp.  We cannot add 1 Symfonisk Bookshelf speaker and 1 Symfonisk Table Lamp to a Sonos Home theater speaker as they are not of the same model even though they are of the same brand.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thank you for your response! Will look to get the same models! 

Thanks,

Christy. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Christy1990.

You’re welcome. Please let us know how it goes. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,