Cant move from Playbar to Arc due to design.

• 3 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hey Sonos Staff,

many of your customers have Playbars on walls that are wallpapered or made of brick, stone, etc.  when you make a product that you cant upgrade to due to not being able to cover old drilled holes to accommodate YOUR product, you leave us no choice other than to keep our existing Playbars.  I have tried every which way to make this work but cant sit there with visible holes in the wall.

You should provide a way to upgrade and accommodate existing templates.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hey Sonos Staff,

many of your customers have Playbars on walls that are wallpapered or made of brick, stone, etc.  when you make a product that you cant upgrade to due to not being able to cover old drilled holes to accommodate YOUR product, you leave us no choice other than to keep our existing Playbars.  I have tried every which way to make this work but cant sit there with visible holes in the wall.

You should provide a way to upgrade and accommodate existing templates.

Can’t you just fill the holes where you (I presume it was you, not Sonos staff, that drilled holes in your wall) mounted the Playbar, and then paint over the filler? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You could make a mounting plate to screw to the wall using your existing holes and then connect your new soundbar to the mounting plate.

A wood board, painted to match would work and be inexpensive. A metal bracket would also work but likely at more expense and offer little beyond a visual improvement.