Answered

Cant login when connected system is different from account

• 12 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I bought a Sonos Roam last year and loved it. Moved into a new apartment that came with a Sonos One SL and obviously trying to link them together. Me nor any of my roomates without Sonos devices have been able to login to the Sonos app and add my Sonos Roam to the SL’s system as a sub. We can all play independently to the SL or Roam from the Spotify app but we just cant login to play them together.

When i delete  and reinstall the Sonos app I can login at first. Whether I press “Setup New System” or “Connect to Existing”, the only system on my mobile app is the SL. but my own Roam does not show on the mobile app at al (pre or post mobile login). When i login on online it says my only system is the Roam.

Once I’ve already logged in, i press add sub/stereo pair it brings me to another login screen (i dont know why, I’m already logged in and it shows my acount details) but when i try to login from this screen it always fails!

I also tried the desktop mac app and that was even worse experience. Coudlnt even find how to connect two steroes there.

Any idea what the issue is? One of the main reasons i bought a Sonos was to network them together :/

icon

Best answer by buzz 12 February 2023, 01:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You have two SONOS “households”. A controller can only work with one household at a time. If you want both players to be part of a single household, you’ll need to Factory Reset any players from the household that you don’t want to keep. Note that Factory Reset will trash all music service registrations, SONOS Playlists and any favorites that might be present.

I would be inclined to Factory Reset the apartment’s ONE SL, but I don’t know how the landlord will feel about this. If the music service registrations were part of the deal, the landlord would need to setup the ONE SL from scratch and register the services after you leave. Also, as far as SONOS is concerned the ONE SL would move to your account until it is Factory Reset as you leave and the landlord sets it up with his credentials. 

If you reset and add the ONE SL to your ROAM, both units will share your setup and you can Group the units to play the same music.

After you Factory Reset one or the other unit, add the reset unit to the existing system, take care not to click the wrong option and setup a new system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe unrelated to the rest of your post, but could you explain what you mean by “and add my Sonos Roam to the SL’s system as a sub”?