Skip to main content

cannot register (1) Sonos One SL

• 6 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I have  a beam, sub and (2) one sl.  (delivered yesterday) after many hrs finally got everything running.  Today decided to move the one’s to different location in same room.  Have rebooted everything several times, deleted and reinstalled app several times. Have the beam, sub and left one sl registered but cannot register the right one sl now get message “not registered”.  Click the wrench icon goes to “confirm your product”.  Clicked “link to my account” and says “account update complete”.  Click “done” and goes back to One SL  (right) not registered.  Have gone thru the cycle several time with same results.  I’m beginning to think buying this was not a good move.  

HI @yancyd.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and taking the time on doing some basic troubleshooting steps.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on.

• Are they all brand new or have been working in the past?
  • Are there any Sonos devices wired to the router or are they all wireless?
  • Before this situation started from happening and aside from moving the Sonos One SL on a different location in the same room, were there any changes made prior it was still working and the moment they stopped working?
  • Usually, a not registered prompt is a cause from a partial initial set up. This prompt is the last part of the setup which is registering the product to the Sonos account logged in on the Sonos app during the setup.
  • Can we submit a diagnostic to check what is going on with your Sonos system?
  • Can we try to factory reset the Sonos One SL that is giving this prompt and check if the issue would still re-occur or would be fixed?

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

What a helpful thread. Our $300 speaker That has been working just fine on our network for the past three weeks decided on a Friday night that it wasn’t part of our network anymore and wants us to keep registering it but will not let us register it. So thanks so much for the verbiage. Still have a boat anchor sitting on our mantle.

Hi @Hothead.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I would like to ask a more detailed description of what the issue is for me to provide the most appropriate solution to help you out.

• What troubleshooting steps were done the moment the issue happened?
  • How many Sonos products are affected?
  • What light status does the affected Sonos products have?
  • Have we tried my recommendation above to see if that would help?
  • HI @yancyd.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and taking the time on doing some basic troubleshooting steps.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on.

• Are they all brand new or have been working in the past?
    • Are there any Sonos devices wired to the router or are they all wireless?
    • Before this situation started from happening and aside from moving the Sonos One SL on a different location in the same room, were there any changes made prior it was still working and the moment they stopped working?
    • Usually, a not registered prompt is a cause from a partial initial set up. This prompt is the last part of the setup which is registering the product to the Sonos account logged in on the Sonos app during the setup.
    • Can we submit a diagnostic to check what is going on with your Sonos system?
    • Can we try to factory reset the Sonos One SL that is giving this prompt and check if the issue would still re-occur or would be fixed?

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

What changes happened the moment they were still working and the moment they stopped working?

The more information you provide, the more we can paint a better picture of what is going on so we can help.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks,