Answered

cannot reconnect my Sonos Sub Gen 1

• 14 March 2023
  • 5 replies

My sub recently disconnects from my system for an unknown reason. I cannot get it to reconnect. I have reset it multiple times and when setting it up it either doesn’t recognise the sub or if I connect it to the temp SONOS WiFi it doesn’t connect to my permanent WiFi. Nothing has been changed router etc. From what it was previously connected to. I have NETGEAR Orbi6 WiFi router and the sub is next to an extender. I have connected via Ethernet cable and WiFi with nothing working? Is there anything I can do or has my sub died??

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 March 2023, 16:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Sub should connect via a soundbar or speaker that must have wifi enabled. Is this the case on the speaker?

The sub is next to my play bar. It does not connect via WiFi or if I connect an Ethernet cable to either my WiFi extender or the playbar

The Sub should connect to the PLAYBAR via a ‘hidden’ 5Ghz channel. Make sure the ‘radio/wifi’ is not turned off on either the PLAYBAR or the Sub, and remove the Ethernet cable from the Sub. Also valuable to check the area around each for potential sources of wifi interference .

No Sonos device should ever be wired directly to an extender, only to the base Wi-Fi unit. 

How do I check the 'radio/WiFi’ is not turned off? I can see it is connected to my internet WiFi 

thanks

After you go through this you’ll realize that it would be hard for a radio to be disabled by accident.

enable/disable Wi-Fi