Answered

cannot connect Sub Mini to Beam and 1’s surround.

• 29 November 2022
  • 4 replies

I bought a surround sound set, Beam, 2 x 1’s and a Sub Mini. The beam and the 1’s were very easily set up and sound great but the sub, I just can’t get it to be recognised. I’ve tried over Wi-Fi and Ethernet connection and no joy. 

Tried booting it all up again, and again and again. Anyone got any tips? Suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 November 2022, 15:33

View original

4 replies

Has the Sub-Mini been added to the Sonos system? Do you see it as being available to add to the Beam & Surrounds, or are you having trouble getting it to appear in your Sonos App?

What is its status LED showing and are you able to toggle the status light off/on again?

One thing worth trying, if the Sub does appear in the App, is to reboot/power-cycle both the local router and the Beam too, let things settle and see if it will then let you add the Sub to the room.

Hi, no. The sub doesn’t appear on the app. I’m on latest software too.

Led status is solid white / blue as if it’s ready to go. Nothing though.

As it’s not yet been setup then perhaps try this…

Power off the Sub, wait 20s and press/hold the ‘join’ button on the side. Power on the Sub and keep the button pressed until you see the status light flash amber and then let go the button.

After a short time the status LED should switch to flash green. Now open up the Sonos App and wait to see if the Sub pop-up card appears to setup the Sub. If that hasn’t appeared within say 30+ seconds then goto ‘Settings/System/Add Product’ and follow the onscreen instructions.

Hopefully that will sort things for you.

One other thing to do before setup ‘perhaps’, is to make a note of the unique PIN code (XXX-XX-XXX) for the Sub-Mini, it’s on the base of the Sub on the wall of the recess where the power cable connects. It’s often helpful to have that nearby just in case it’s needed for the setup. Just photograph it and keep it handy beforehand.