Skip to main content
Question

Can't connect my new Sonos Beam Gen 2 to Wifi (Wireless Router TP-Link Archer AX50)

• 29 June 2024
  • 0 replies

I just bought a Sonos Beam Gen 2 and followed the set up guide, installed the Sonos app on my Google Pixel 5 Android phone but when I get to the step where it tries to connect the beam to my wifi, it comes up with this error message:

“We couldn’t connect to TP-Link_62B4. Make sure you’re using the right password for this network. You may need to reboot your router.”

I am using a TP-Link Wireless Router Archer AX50 which has two SSID’s:
2.4GHz Wireless: TP-Link_62B4
5GHz Wireless: TP-Link_62B4_5G

My phone is connected to the TP-Link_62B4 wireless network when trying to get the Sonos Beam to connect to TP-Link_62B4.

I have tried the following:

• rebooting my router
  • updating the router firmware
  • enabling IGMP Snooping
  • changed the wireless channel to 11
  • mode to 802.11b/g/n/ax mixed
  • doing a factory reset on the Sonos Beam
  • tried connecting my phone to the 5GHz wireless network TP-Link_62B4_5G and trying to get Sonos Beam to connect to the same network but Sonos can only find the 2.4GHz TP-Link_62B4 network

No matter what I try, I always get the same error message as above, couldn’t connect to TP-Link_62B4!!

I can’t use an ethernet cable as the router isn’t close to the TV where the Sonos Beam will be.

I have spent HOURS troubleshooting online and have tried everything. I also tried calling the Sonos support line in Australia and wasted an hour waiting for someone to answer! The online chat support is also useless as it’s a bot and I can never connect with a real person.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!