Answered

Can’t add Sonos Play:1s as surrounds to Playbar

• 16 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

When I go to “add surrounds” it says I need a compatible product, for some reason it is not seeing them. They used to be paired but I needed to factory reset everything. 

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 16 October 2022, 14:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

How do the Play:1s show in the Sonos app?

Do they appear in one room as a stereo pair? If so, separate the stereo pair, then go back to the Playbar room and Add Surrounds.

Factory reset is most often never a good idea. 

Has the radio/WiFi been turned off on the PLAYBAR?

Userlevel 2

How would I tell if wifi is off? I can play music to it without an eternity cable being in it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

WiFi is on then, are they both on S1 or both on S2?.

For reference of others: in the controller, go to Settings > System > (name of room) > (name of speaker) > enable WiFi. 

It is almost never a good time to ‘disable’ there, and even more so on a Sonos sound bar, as that kills communication with the Sub and/or surround speakers.

I’ll let others go from here :)

Userlevel 7

@acdeag - Are the two speakers you want to add as surrounds showing as two separate rooms in the app?

Userlevel 2

Yes, see screenshot. 

Userlevel 7

How do the Play:1s show in the Sonos app?

Do they appear in one room as a stereo pair? If so, separate the stereo pair, then go back to the Playbar room and Add Surrounds.

Your Play:1s are not in 2 separate rooms. They are in one room (Living Room) as a stereo pair.

As my first comment above, you need to separate the stereo pair before you can add them as surrounds.

The Play:1s will then show in two separate rooms (it doesn’t matter what the rooms are called), then go to the room settings for Living Room PB and select add surrounds.