Skip to main content
Question

can not get app to work with beam gen 2

• 22 July 2024
  • 2 replies

App thru apple I phone was working okay until I changed my broadband from BT to Sky, Now although I  still get sound thru the beam I can not get Sonos app to work and my 2 Sonos one speakers are now not connecting to the Beam, I have tried factory reset  which has not worked, without the app I can not get into the beam menu to make adjustments,any ideas folks.

2 replies

Factory reset was likely a bad idea. I’d recommend that you temporarily wire your Beam to your router with an Ethernet cable, until you get the issue resolved, then you should be able to remove it. 

Thanks for your reply, i have managed to get into the beam using the app thru a old android phone and have made adjustments that way but the beam will not link up with the 2 SL1 speakers, I have tried everything i know but have now given up on this, i still can not get the app to work on the i phone, I have decided to ditch the Sonos system and have bought a Samsung sound bar to match the tv , still need to fix this as i plan to sell the Sonos system which i wish i had never laid eyes on.