Answered

Can I have my Arc wired and surrounds wireless?

• 10 December 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge

I currently have 2 Sonos SL ONES I HAVE ORDERED A SONOS ARC CAN ANYONE TELL ME PLEASE CAN I HAVE THE ARC WORKING ON A WAN CABLE AND THE SL ONES ON WIFI 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 December 2020, 12:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Yes that’s absolutely fine. I have my Arc wired and the surrounds running on their wireless. The Arc mainly communicates direct with the surrounds over an ad-hoc 5ghz wireless connection. You should not have any issues.👍

Badge

Thanks Ken can’t wait till I get my Arc next week thanks so much for the information 

Badge

I have been giving a shipment date of the 18th does that mean that I will receive it on the 18th or is it just leaving SONOS on the 18th

I have been giving a shipment date of the 18th does that mean that I will receive it on the 18th or is it just leaving SONOS on the 18th

In my experience that usually means it is collected by the Courier on that date and payment taken. You should get details at some point to track your order too and the arrival date/time.

Badge

Good evening at long last I got my Arc delivery yesterday sounds fantastic but I have a pair of Sonos ones smart speakers when I switch of my tv off when I switch it back on the pair of Sonos ones don’t connect I have got to go to the S2 app and connect them manually is there any else I can do to get them to connect automatically 

Regards James 

Good evening at long last I got my Arc delivery yesterday sounds fantastic but I have a pair of Sonos ones smart speakers when I switch of my tv off when I switch it back on the pair of Sonos ones don’t connect I have got to go to the S2 app and connect them manually is there any else I can do to get them to connect automatically 

Regards James 

Are they ‘bonded’ to the Arc (so that they appear as one room in ‘Settings/System” in the S2 App?).. The room would look something like this in that area of the App: Lounge(+LS+RS)

or… are they standalone or stereo paired speakers and have their own room names separate from the Arc’s room name?

Badge

Thanks for the help I can get my tv remote to operate the volume on the Sonos Arc but it doesn’t operate the Sonos one’s smart speakers? Either turning up the volume or turning down the volume 

regards 

Badge

They are both both bonded to the arc but the tv remote  doesn’t work on the Sonos ones don’t know what Iam doing wrong 😑 

regards

They are both both bonded to the arc but the tv remote  doesn’t work on the Sonos ones don’t know what Iam doing wrong 😑 

regards

Can you play a Dolby 5.1 Movie from Netflix or similar service and see if you are getting sound - note you may not get sound from rears playing a PCM stereo TV programme.

Also for music playback set the surrounds to ‘full’ rather than ‘ambient’ for music playback in "Settings/System/[Arc Room Name]/Surround Audio’ and then try adjusting the sound with the remote.

If the above doesn’t work then setup your remote again in  "Settings/System/[Arc Room Name]/Remote Control Setup’.

Hope that fixes it for you.