Bundle Arc & 2x Era 300 with Sub Gen 1

• 22 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi there group,

Just bought 2 Era 300’s and the Arc. Adding my existing Sub Gen 1. Like to get the groups idea of placement of those Era’s. The Arc is going to be mounted on the mantel and the new 83” tv from Lg 72.7”x41.4” will be wall mounted 4-5” above the mantel (see Photo) on the wall. The sub is on the floor near that open door, next to the brown couch. the tv shown is the old 77” LG. Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

If you want to utilize the bookcase behind the sofa, the Era 300s are not a good option as the shelves will block the Era 300’s upward and side-firing drivers. You are better off sticking with the One SLs or Era 100s as surrounds.

But if you must upgrade to the Era 300s, get a pair of speaker stands and place them behind the sofa. You can run/hide the power cables under the sofa to the power strip/outlet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I would not place the 300’s used as surrounds inside the cupboard because height channels will probably be blocked. On stands outside of the cupboard would be better.

Though it seems a natural place for a TV, placing it above a fireplace is also not the best. It is too high up - especially since you need to put some distance between the Arc and the TV. If the fireplace is used, you’d also have heat to deal with.

Badge +1

Good considerations to think about. Really appreciate your input. Thought about stands and maybe an extension sticking out from the wall unit but would not look aesthetically right. As far as the TV goes. Angled down from the wall mount is the best we can do unless you buy a new house. Again, thank you so much for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You’re welcome. I understand you sometimes have to make compromises…….

Badge +1

Finished. 4 HDMI, optical, USB extension, Ethernet cable, and power cord.  All concealed. Also,  the Arc power,  ethernet, and HDMI are all concealed,  too. 

Badge +1

It'a shame that my ipad 10th gen,  after the latest beta update doesn't work with Trueplay anymore.  Thoughts. Says that the update is coming. Strange. 

Badge +1