Answered

Build a surround with Arc and Sonos One(s)

• 20 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Can anyone provide detailed guidance on how to set up a complete Dolby surround sound system in my living room using the Sonos Arc connected to my LG C3 TV and multiple Sonos One speakers? Any advice on configuration, compatibility, and setup process would be greatly appreciated!"

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 20 March 2024, 04:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

FYI, a complete Sonos surround system consists of one or two of the following components :

Sonos App

• S2 version (Required for Arc)

Sonos Soundbar x 1 

• Arc
  • Beam2
  • Ray

Sonos Surrounds x 2

• Era 100’s 
  • Era 300’s
  • Five’s 
  • Sonos One’s (Discountinued)

Sonos Sub x 1 or 2

• Sub Gen3
  • Sub Mini

To your question using the Arc you would add:

• Sonos Ones as surrounds; if you have two
  • Era 100’s as surrounds; if you don't’ have two Sonos One’s
  • Sub Gen 3 (Sub Mini can be substituted if budget is a concern)
  • HDMI cable to connect Arc to TV

Setup is simple. This assumes you already know how to access the Sonos app as your profile indicates you own a Sonos One. Make sure all components are in the same room including Sonos Ones and powered on. If Sonos One’s to be used are a stereo pair go to that room in the app and remove them as a stereo pair. If products are new they should be flashing a green LED light. 

• Open Sonos app to Settings > System > Add Product
  • Setup Arc first as the app will walk you through the process
  • Go to the room with the Arc and select Add surrounds. The app will find the Sonos Ones.
  • Go to the room with Arc and select Add a sub. The app will find the sub

Additional Help Links

Setup Arc

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-up-your-sonos-arc

Setup Surrounds

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater

Hopefully, this answers your question.

Userlevel 7

Hmmm…it’s been 16 hours since my response. My “gut” told me this might be a waste of time given that strangely the OP has been a member since 2019. You would think the OP’s question would have come about before 5 years in. Some people…???

AjTrek1, I wanted to express my sincere appreciation for the thoroughness of your response. I want to reassure you that your effort was not wasted, despite any doubts your gut might have given you. The reason I "strangely" posed the question now, rather than in 2019, is because I recently acquired the Arc and hadn't previously felt the need for a deeper understanding of how to utilize Sonos equipment to build a Dolby system. One more thing to consider: perhaps next time, allow more than 16 hours for someone to acknowledge your contribution before becoming frustrated in your responses, as individuals often have other commitments demanding their attention in life.

Userlevel 7

AjTrek1, I wanted to express my sincere appreciation for the thoroughness of your response. I want to reassure you that your effort was not wasted, despite any doubts your gut might have given you. The reason I "strangely" posed the question now, rather than in 2019, is because I recently acquired the Arc and hadn't previously felt the need for a deeper understanding of how to utilize Sonos equipment to build a Dolby system. One more thing to consider: perhaps next time, allow more than 16 hours for someone to acknowledge your contribution before becoming frustrated in your responses, as individuals often have other commitments demanding their attention in life.

@SimoneLa5 

Point taken and understood 😊. However, it occurs more times than one might think wherein an OP asks a question requiring an in-depth response never to be acknowledged as to whether the advice given was helpful or not. We’re not employees of Sonos...just volunteers offering our insight and time to help/assist...which we obviously enjoy.  Thank you for your response and if I can be of further asssitance please come back. You’re always welcome. FYI, I’ll remember to be more patient going forward 😊