Skip to main content
Answered

Bluetooth of Era 100s and Beam sound bar

• 29 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello guys,

I have a set of era 100s with a sub mini and am planning to get Beam sound bar to improve the surrounding quality. However, I mainly use projector to watch movies and series. I wonder is it possible to group them a a whole and use the ear 100’s Bluetooth to connect the system where the rest speaker are receiving data through Wi-Fi connection. Or the Beam will become the master device for the group and there is no way to use the Bluetooth on ear 100? If that is the case, would you think the next gen Beam will come with Bluetooth combability?

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I think you’re out of luck. The Beam has to be the “master” of the surrounds, and a dedicated 5Ghz link is created from the Beam. 

As stated the Bluetooth functionality is disabled when Era speakers are used as surrounds.  In addition, Bluetooth is stereo only, so it would not be surround sound.