Best Sub Position Option

• 2 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I have two Play 5 v2 in a stereo pair, a Sub that works with them and a Playbar that supports the TV audio.  My overall listening space is about 12” x 18”.  However the room is L-shaped with a hallway opening not he right side that is about 6” x 12”.  Currently I have my Sub positioned in the “closed corner” on the left side of the room.  Do you think this is the best position for the Sub or would you put it on the opposite, “opened” end of the floor near the 6” x 12” opening?  Why would you make a particular choice?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @MKwheeler 

Can you post a diagram of your room with current position of Sonos speakers and sub.

Userlevel 7

The best way to know the best location is to test the Sub at both positions. That’s the benefit of having a wireless sub.

Sub placement matters more for music than it does for movies where it supports a dedicated effects channel. For movies, as long as you run Trueplay tuning, any convenient place on the floor should be ok.