Answered

Best placement rear speaker

• 4 April 2023
  • 5 replies

hello all, Im excited to receive my first Sonos system in a few days, comprising of 

Sonos arc, sub mini and 2 rear 100’s.

I’m looking for opinions on best location to put the rears, i will predominantly be watching films but i do listen to quite a bit of music so i’m wondering if spacing them out wider would be better?

Ive attached a photo for reference, would the blue option be better than the red band the speakers would be more spaced out?

thanks for your help!

Gordon.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 April 2023, 22:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

For a more balanced sound, I would go with the red option.

I guess I’m worried a bit about boxing in the sound too much when it comes to music 

Userlevel 7

I guess I’m worried a bit about boxing in the sound too much when it comes to music 

Try it both ways and pick the option that sounds the best to your ears.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d try them on top of your kitchen cabinets too, narrow and wide. You might like that and you can usually fish a power cord up through gaps in the cabinets.

Lower is likely better for surround imaging but I find high mounting adequate after spousal push-back on “proper” positioning.

Spousal pushback haha, cool

ill try a few different spots!