Skip to main content
Answered

Beam with Surround sound keeps dropping the surround

• 8 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Im having an issue with my Beam and Sonos One surrounds.  The surrounds don’t omit any sound or are very quiet when watching the TV.  

• I’ve adjusted the TV volume in the setting to a max of 15 but that doesn’t seem to impact it.
  • They are around 3m away from each other and Beam
  • I’ve unplugged, left for 10mins and then they work for a few mins then just drop out and go quiet
  • ive tried Truplay but that doesn’t work

really annoying as I know the signal works as when music is on, it’s fine.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Not all tv programs are transmitted in 5.1 format. Make sure your source has surround data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Try going a different direction to start testing. Select a stereo music stream (not from the TV) and start playing it. Switch the Surrounds to Full mode, not Ambient.

You should hear full volume (depending on your controller settings) sound from both Surrounds,

If that works then try a known good 5.1 TV program. If you have a Firestick there is an Atmos audio test that is quite good, your source might offer something similar.

If that fails submit a diagnostic while playing it and contact Support to have your internal (you can’t see it) system data looked at.