Answered

Beam with Connect:Amp setup

• 16 February 2021
  • 3 replies

So I have a beam with 2 play 1s for surround and a connect amp with in ceiling speakers and an svs sub hooked up to it. The beam is connected to the TV via hdmi arc. The issue I have is that when controlling the volume of the TV with its remote it only adjusts the volume of the beam and play 1s. The connect amp volume doesn't change. Is there a fix for this? And I do not want the in ceiling speakers to be surrounds. Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 February 2021, 03:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

No, if the CONNECT:AMP is ‘grouped’ as another room, and not ‘bonded’ as surround speakers, the remote will only control the volume of the Beam. 

Very unfortunate. Wish there was a work around for this. Seems like it could be an easy fix to just force the beam to group to the connect amp so I can have a 7.1 setup that has volume control via my TV remote. Do you know if this is the same case with the Amp? 

Also, would a separate remote for sonos fix this problem? Any suggestions for a good sonos remote?