Skip to main content
Question

Beam stops playing after ~ 1 minute

• 26 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

Since this week my Beam will only play for ~ 1 minute and cut out. This independent if playing from TV (HDMI) or music via the app. I tried everything but no luck:

1. changed Sonosnet channels
  2. changed ethernet cable and connect to different ports
  3. cable play instead of beam
  4. rebooting (everything...router, sonos equipment, etc)
  5. disconnect DECT phone
  6. fixed IP or DHCP
  7. disconnecting tv and hdmi, beam also stops playing after ~ 1 minute with music only
  8. remove the 2 Play 3 from hometheatre set-up (these play fine as standalone, beam as standalone does not)
  9. moved beam to another room

You name it, I guess I tried it….I see there was an update 7/22/2024, coincidence ?

Please help me, what can I still do ?

2 replies

I don’t understand #3, but I guess that isn’t important. At this point, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

#3 was cabling an ethernet cable to 1 of my Play3 speakers instead of to the Beam.

I did talk to Sonos, but also this didn’t solve it.

Finally,for the time being, it is working again:

• Factory reset of the beam and reinstall with ethernet cable on beam;
  • This didn’t work;
  • Then ethernet cable through my room to reach to one of the the Play3
  • this worked !
  • Then I installed wifi connection on the Beam and disconnected ethernet cable from Play 3;
  • This is now working without hiccups for 24 hrs (fingers crossed).