Skip to main content

Just ordered a new Samsung Frame TV and Gen 2 Beam.  After ordering I came across a lot of posts in various forums about the compatibility of using the Frame TV with Sonos. My understanding is that the Sonos beam never really turns off and goes into standby. Also the frame TV basically does the same when in art mode. Is this an issue or has it been resolved?  Should I have just bought a regular tv that turns off?  Also, is there an issue with using the one connect box as it relates to eArc connection?  Are there other setup issues I should be aware of?  Just been seeing a bunch of different confusing things. 

The Beam never turns off on any TV (its a network device, it goes into idle mode), so not sure what you are asking there.

Historically some Frame models (with the one connect box) have given trouble with Sonos due to varying interpretations of the HDMI-eARC spec, unsure if they have all been resolved by now.

For further clarity I guess my question is when using the frame tv and using art mode if the Sonos will think the tv is actually ON in art mode and then when it goes from art mode to tv mode it may mistake it for being off as this tv does not go directly off and on like most tvs. This is what I have read in a few different places.