Beam not connecting to Samsung - I have read what others have done nothing works

• 17 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

If anyone could help that would be amazing, I have a Sonos Beam and the below Samsung series 7 tv.

I have put both the tv and the soundbar on the wall, yet the beam has never worked with the tv. If I want to play music from my phone it’s great but from the tv it’s never worked.

TV - Samsung UE55TU7000KXXU

I have read most of other peoples questions on here, so I have:

• tried turning everything off, tv, beam and router. With the beam not connected to the HDMI (ARC) for 30 seconds
  • tried turning just the tv off by taking the plug out for 30 seconds
  • checked that it’s plugged into the arc hdmi
  • checked that anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is on
  • tried changing and turning off and on most of the sound settings in the TV

The tv does one of two things if I chose HDMI Arc or optical as the sound output setting it will make a noise for a split second of what is currently on the tv then jumps back to receiver (HDMI) or it just lets me select optical and no sound comes out of the beam at all.

Next the Sonos app, if I try to set up a TV it just says HDMI Arc not detected make sure the HDMI cable is connected to the Arc port and your tv is on. Both of these I have done and checked.

So going on from my last point and reading other peoples questions does it mean I just need to get a different HDMI cable and see if that fixes it?

Just to add some more detail, both my tv and Sonos are updated. I have no other devices connected to the tv so I don’t think it’s a problem with the HDMI-CEC getting confused by the tv. I do think it could be that the tv is having an output problem like I saw in someone else’s questions, where the solution was a device that blocks other CEC signals or something, I don’t have anything else plugged into it.

If anyone could help.

Thank you

3 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Buckland,

Yeah, I would definitely test another HDMI cable here. It sounds like the Beam is having issues detecting ARC and CEC compatibility from your TV. Give another cable a try and let us know how you get on.

Hi @Buckland,

Yeah, I would definitely test another HDMI cable here. It sounds like the Beam is having issues detecting ARC and CEC compatibility from your TV. Give another cable a try and let us know how you get on.

Tried that, it works now. Very annoying as I had to pull the cables through the wall. Thank you though.

Why do they supply a HDMI cable that doesn’t work?

Generally speaking, they don’t….but I don’t think they hand test every cable that is packed, either. It’s entirely possible you got a broken one….or that somehow, when it got pulled through the wall, it got mis-handled and broken?