Beam Issue not setting up with Samsung TV

• 13 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello ,

Still trying to resolve set up with my New Beam.    Its an older Samsung Model TV.  HDMI ports don’t support ARC.   

I had issues getting my older Playbar to work, but was able to finally get the optical port to work on the TV.     Now, I have moved the older TV downstairs and trying to hook up a BEAM with it (smaller space) and can’t get the optical adapter to work.    Makes me think the optical port on the TV was bad.  

Any ideas how I can bypass this?  Could the Optical port on my Sumsung TV be a different size that the adapter sent by Sonos?   

Airgetlam, hoping you might weigh in.    

Thank you,

Mark

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Phipsi Zeta.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

Do you still have the play bar with you, try to use the optical cable of the play bar temporarily to see if it will connect?

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

For us to see if the beam is sending a signal to the TV and if the TV cannot read the signal due to a defective port.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Mark, 

Thank you for reaching out.   I do still have the Play Bar on the upstairs TV.   I can use that optical cable that worked for the TV, but does the Beam have an optical port?   I thought I had to use your adapter that was Optical on one side and HDMI on the other??  

Thank you,

Mark

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Phipsi Zeta.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Sorry about that I misread your message, yes the beam doesn't have any optical port built in just an HDMI port.

What is the error message your getting?

Is the beam been set up before to a different network or place?

Much better to submit a diagnostic report while your beam is connected to your TV and reply back with your confirmation number?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.