Answered

Beam Gen2 & TV audio settings...

• 5 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I have my Gen 2 Beam connected to my Samsung model UN55CU7000FXZA via HDMI-eARC mode & I am wondering if some of the TV’s audio settings need to be disabled or adjusted for optimal performance?

A also have an Apple TV, as well as Netflix, Amazon, Philo & a couple other streaming services & at times have issues where you can barely hear voices clearly, but have a door open, someone set a glass down on a table or other background noises & it sounds like the volume is cranked up waaaaay too loud.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 September 2023, 20:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Set the TV to these settings:

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto
Digital Output Audio Format: Pass-Through

Set the Apple TV to these audio settings:

Change Format: OFF
Dolby Atmos: ON

Also be sure to perform Trueplay tuning in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Some of that is the producer’s choice of which channel will play the sound and how loud.

If it is bad on every thing you try then it might be a Sonos issue rather than the source.

Here’s what I found;

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto - this was set to auto
Digital Output Audio Format: Pass-Through - when trying this, I get the message ‘the current audio format input cannot be passed through with an ARC connection’

Set the Apple TV to these audio settings:

Change Format: OFF - I’m not seeing this option
Dolby Atmos: ON - this was set to ON