Answered

Beam (gen2) to TV to PC issue

• 5 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello guys, I have a technical issue with those 3 I mentioned in the title pairing together, I use a TV (supporting eARC) as my pc monitor and as a TV to save space and money. Normally the sound is perfect, normal transitions from one TV source to the other, dolby atmos enabled etc etc. Though sometimes I get a black screen, I restart my pc and the resolution is all messed up giving me no option to change it through the display settings, as if the pc doesn't recognize the GPU or something. But still, the GPU is visible in the device manager menu. Taking out the cables and replugging them fixes it and also disabling the driver and enabling it again fixes it. But I don't want to have to do that every single time it happens, especially because one fix is wearing out the HDMI socket. 
(other times the screen is not just black, it says the resolution is too low)
Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 February 2024, 11:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

From what you’re describing it seems more likely the pc is the problem, since that’s what you fiddle with to get things operational again. 

Change the graphics card in the pc? Or a new pc? 

From what you’re describing it seems more likely the pc is the problem, since that’s what you fiddle with to get things operational again. 

Change the graphics card in the pc? Or a new pc? 

It’s a newly installed GPU, a 7900 XTX to be exact, 2 months time. The pc has been stable overall for almost 2 years now but I can’t remember if I would get those issues with my previous card. I think I didn’t. I have the latest drivers too, uninstalled the drivers and installed them, even tried taking the GPU out and in again but the problem persists.

Maybe contact AMD? Or whomever makes the video drivers in use? This is a Sonos board, so the expertise you’d get here is for audio issues, not so much for video issues. And since the Beam worked before….