beam (gen2) & era 300

• 12 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello! Could you guys help me I have the 300 as sorrounds But I feel like it doesn't sound they way is supposed to sound. I don't know if I have to do something with the settings. I'm in a room I don't know if the 300 it's too much.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You need to have two Era 300s to add them as surrounds. Refer to this article to add them as surrounds:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater

If you have already done this, try to play 5.1 or Dolby Atmos audio sources to test the surround speakers. You can also adjust the Surround Audio level under the Beam’s settings in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Alr1996 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

In what way does your Beam + 2x Era 300 setup not sound right? Is it too quiet? Too loud? Is it an audio quality issue?

If you have an iOS device (or can borrow one for 5 minutes), it may help to perform the TruePlay Tuning process: 

Using the Sonos app for iOS:

1. From the Settings tab, tap System and then select the speaker you wish to tune.
  2. Tap Trueplay > Trueplay Tuning and follow the in-app instructions to tune your speaker.
  3. During the Trueplay tuning process, you will be prompted to grant Sonos permission to use the microphone on your iOS device. Trueplay tuning is the only time Sonos will use audio collected by your device’s microphone.

Once you’ve finished tuning your Sonos speaker, the Trueplay tuning adjustments can be toggled on and off from this same menu.

I hope this helps.