Skip to main content
Question

Beam Gen1 and 2 one SL, can't add surround anymore

• 4 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Since  the big app updates of these past once, i have a problem with my Beam gen1 and my two one SL.

I can’t see the 3 devices at the same time in my system on the app, and thus i can’t add the one SL as surround for the beam. If the three devices are plugged in, i can’t see the Beam in my app. If i unplug one of the SL , the beam comes back. 

I’ve updated everything to the lastest firmware. The app is up to date (july 3rd update). I have try starting from 0. factory reset the 3 devices, clear all the data in the app and start from scratch but each time i have the same result: as soon as i add the 3rd device to the system, regardless of the order, one of them disappear.

After each update of the app i though this would be solved so i try again to set it all up but i always end up in the same place.

Needless to say that until a couple month ago, it all worked perfecly fine.

any idea what do do ? 

2 replies

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

So if anyone encounter this problem: i found out it had to do with wifi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. My router share the same SSID for both wifi frequencies but the devices were on different frequencies. Once I disabled 5ghz the 3 devices connected to 2.4ghz and I could see the 3 of them in the app and add the OneSL as surround to the beam. Afterwards i reactivated 5GHz on my router and its all good now despite the fact the beam stayed on 2.4Ghz and the OneSL came back to 5Ghz.  

Cheers