beam gen 2 speech enhancement

• 8 March 2024
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi

I have recently bought the sonos beam 2 and the voice enhancement doesn't work. I've contacted customer services and they did some tests which was showing they had the same problem at their end and they would be looking into it because there was a number of people with the same problem. So I'm wondering if anyone on here has the same problem and whether this is a faulty item. Its as if you can't increase volume in the center channel. Is there anyway to force this. Night mode works OK.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Royy 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I have a similar issue with my Amp, but I know of no way of “forcing” an increase of the centre channel otherwise.

Your Beam won’t be faulty - this will likely be a software issue, especially with multiple models of devices being affected.

I hope this helps.

Hi corry

I spoke to customer services and they did checks on my system and told me they were having the same results their end so they think it may be a wide spread fault as they have had many complaints regarding the same problem. I had a .message off them this morning to tell me it is not resolved yet but would keep me informed.  Maybe eventually a firmware update may be needed.

Yes situation for me is I have only had the beam about three weeks and originally all worked fine voice enhancement and night mode also atmos through the ps5 but now voice enhancement is very slight atmos disappeared off ps5 so hopefully customer service can sought it out, really strange the way it has gone like that.