Skip to main content
Question

Beam Gen 2 + Era 100x 2

Hi

I set up my 2 era 100 and my beam gen2 

All good to listen music from Spotify  but when I use my TV ,only Beam gen 2 is working!! I can't see how to set up my Era 100.

Thank you for your help

Barj

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

How have you set them up? Is the Beam identified by one room name and the Eras by another? Are the Eras a stereo pair? 

If you want a 5.x home theatre system you need to bond the Eras to the Beam using the “add surrounds” utility. 

If you want to play tv audio in a different room where the Eras are located you need to use the group facility. Select the Beam, then add the Eras. 

Or is it something different you want to achieve? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

This may be useful:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater

Hi nik9669a

The beam is identified by one room and the Eras are identified by the same room name. The eras are paired. Everything in the same room.

Do you mean the Eras need to be identified by one other room name?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Don’t pair the Eras!

unpair them, then on the Beam settings, touch ‘Connect (or Add?) Surrounds’ and follow the instructions to bond the Eras to the Beam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi nik9669a

The beam is identified by one room and the Eras are identified by the same room name. The eras are paired. Everything in the same room.

Do you mean the Eras need to be identified by one other room name?

They won’t bee seen as such under a room name once you’ve added them as surrounds. Did you read/follow the instructions in the link?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Once you’ve got them set up as a home theatre system they’ll all be a part of one room.  

Hi nik9669a

I have followed the link and now all is good Thank you for your help