Answered

Beam gen 2

• 13 October 2023
  • 4 replies

I’ve connected to my Sky Glass today using earc. Dolby Atmos sounds better (tested using Top Gun Maverick). Two problems

1. I can’t get the remote to change the volume. If I pair the remove to the beam it will change volume but all to controls are gone.

1. After getting Alexa to play Radio 2, I asked her to stop but then TV connection was lost until I unplug the Sky glass and turned it back on.
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 October 2023, 22:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

1. See this link in the Sky community - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream-Live/External-soundbar-unable-to-control-volume/td-p/3806688
  2. To get back to TV audio after playing Radio or Music audio, either:
  • Press volume up button on the TV remote, once you have set it up to control your TV/Sonos volume.
  • Open the Sonos App and select the ‘TV’ source icon at the foot of the Music Services tab whilst the HT room is in focus and accessible on the ‘Now Playing’ Screen.
  • Ask the voice assistants Alexa or SVC to switch to TV Mode on your HT room.

Sorry what is HT room?

if I pair my Sky glass remote to the beam gen 2 I am no longer able to control the Sky glass TV.

@Ken_Griffiths I've read the thread and tried pressing 7 and 9. I then tried to pair using the Sonos app. It said it doesn’t work but it does. My Sky glass remote works, I press the volume up and down and I get the sound volume visual on the lbs of the TV and the volume goes up and down. Maybe it was because the beam was placed directly in front of the tv obscuring the remote receiver on the TV. 

HT is Home Theater, I.e. the Sonos ‘room’ that contains the Beam.