Skip to main content
Question

BEAM connect issue frustrating

• 19 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have been so much struggling with connecting my BEAM.

I got this in 2020 and have not used since 2022 until last month.

On the app, BEAM was not shown.

So I tried to connect via apo, but it keeps failing to do so and asks me to reset the product.

(Doing this at least 10 times over and over again.)

So I went through the customer service over the phone, which made me wait for 80 minutes, and the technician told me that because I have not used BEAM for past 2 years, the firmware must be outdated, causing a trouble to connect. He gave me a controversy like below.

To connect BEAM, I need to have UpToDate firmware.

To update the firmware, I need to connect BEAM to the app.

I really have no idea what this guy said and just felt ridiculous about the situation that I can’t use my legit product just because they put me in the hole that never allows me get out of.

I have 5 more SONOS products than BEAM but this is truly frustrating situation. 

It seems that they scarifies their quality for their poor service or inability to help.

Therefore, I need a help from this great community.

Thanks.  

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You got a bad support guy, most are better and know the fix.

Step one, try to get lucky and run a temporary Ethernet to your Beam and try setting it up again. It may work and you won’t have to sit in the support queue.

Step two, Note your serial/MAC number off the back of the Beam. Then call support again and (hopefully) get a better tech. Ask them to push a new firmware version to it.

I’m not sure this is needed but since you reset it, it may be, hook it to Ethernet so it isn’t depending on your WiFi. I’d do it just to avoid having to call back if it is needed.