Skip to main content
Answered

Beam - Airplay Cuts Out When Receiving Messages

• 24 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I use my beam sometimes to airplay from my iPad or iPhone to listen to podcasts etc. Whenever I receive a message or calendar reminder the playback pauses and I lose connection to airplay. I then have to reconnect to Airplay and if I get another message it happens again.

It’s really frustrating! I have looked around but can’t seem to find a solution. The only way I can stop it is if I put my phone on airplane mode. Do not disturb doesn’t stop it. But this assent ideal as I cant receive any messages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kim

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi,

I use my beam sometimes to airplay from my iPad or iPhone to listen to podcasts etc. Whenever I receive a message or calendar reminder the playback pauses and I lose connection to airplay. I then have to reconnect to Airplay and if I get another message it happens again.

It’s really frustrating! I have looked around but can’t seem to find a solution. The only way I can stop it is if I put my phone on airplane mode. Do not disturb doesn’t stop it. But this assent ideal as I cant receive any messages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kim

I suspect the answer is: “ask Apple”, since Airplay is their product?

Perhaps see if the three suggestions in this link may help:

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/3-ways-to-stop-ios-notifications-from-interrupting-music-playback/

Thanks for your tips, the next step is to contact Apple just thought I would check here first. Will have a look at the article :)