Beam 2 with LG C2 ARCConnection Issue

• 7 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi All.

Recently purchased the Beam 2 to go with my LG C2. The sound bar is great but was a hassle to setup.

At first the two devices couldn’t establish an ARC connection. Which I found a fix was to power everything down, remove all the HDMI connections, power back up and start the TV Setup process through the Sonos app, which in turn solved the issue.

However the connection issue seems to be happening again randomly, so I have to do the above process all over again which can become tedious.

Wanted to check if anyone else is experiencing the same issue and if they have a fix for it.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No, I’m not having the issue with an LG C9 OLED, but these things can occasionally happen if another device connected to the TV is stealing the CEC focus. What you could try is…

• Remove other devices connected to the TV HDMI ports 1, 3 & 4 and first see if that stops the Beam dropping out.
  • Assuming it’s then working okay, now add back one of the removed devices and see if the dropout issue returns. If it does, then first try the device in a different HDMI port, or insert an HDMI switch between the device and the TV - if still no joy, then switch off CEC control on that device, or insert a CEC-Less adapter between the device and the TV. See this LINK
  • Once testing has been done with a connected device, then simply go-onto connect the next device and test that and so on and so forth, until the issues are resolved.

Hope the above suggestions assist you to sort the matter. Note in some instances some users find success with switching the soundbar connection to an HDMI-ARC connection, rather than eARC, or vice versa - so perhaps give that a try too.

edit: Also ensure the Sonos system and the TV are running on their latest software update.

Thanks will give this a try.

I have a feeling that my PS5 has caused the issue, as that was the last thing running last night, and I woke up this morning to found the connection had gone.

The CEC-Less adapter looks interesting so may have to try.

Also what HDMI switch would you recommend. I have Ps5, so would need one that can handle HDMI 2.1.

thanks

Also what HDMI switch would you recommend. I have Ps5, so would need one that can handle HDMI 2.1.

thanks

Here’s one that seems to be popular with some users here in the community… 

https://a.co/d/fq2mhxw

Disclaimer: You may find cheaper/better options if researching these devices online, or elsewhere …and just to say I’m not affiliated to the product, nor can I guarantee it will work with your particular setup.