Answered

Beam 2 + Sony kd48A9 in eARC: Standby mode issue led iswitch back to white

• 29 January 2022
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi,
I’m new here and I’ve just received my new Beam gen 2, that sound incredibly fine. I’m very happy.
The soundbar is connected to a Sony KD-48A9 via eARC, everything is working fine but when I put the standby the tv, the beam gen 2 goes in standby as well, in fact I can see the light becoming lightening green. But immediately after 1 sec  or less the soundbar led become  again white.

Could you please tell me which setting that I need to change on the TV to make standby working?
Could someone tell me if there is a setting on the soundbar that I need to change in order to make standby correctly working?
Could you please tell me if there is any setting to put the soundbar in standby after i.e. 5min of no hdmi signal? 

Thanks & Regards

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 January 2022, 18:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

as a newby……..I still searching and found LED article and their status:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/226?language=en_US

So, now the question become…..is there a standby mode on Sonos Beam Gen 2? 
Should e power off manually the soundbar ? Or it must stay powered on?

Thx

All Sonos, save the portable speakers, have no ‘power off’ function, and are designed to be powered on at all times. All Sonos also go into ‘low power mode’ after a certain amount of time, just waiting for a ‘wake’ signal to power back up. 

Thanks a lot.

Ciao 

Thanks a lot.

Ciao 

Note: you can, if you prefer, switch off the Beam’s front status LED when in standby mode or general use.. just goto ‘Settings/System/[Beam Room Name]’ and toggle off ‘Status Light’ under the Hardware section for the Beam.