Skip to main content
Answered

Beam 2 Output Stereo PCM Only from Netflix

• 3 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

We recently purchased a Hisense U8K and currently have it connected to our Beam 2. 

Unfortunately, when streaming Netflix content, it only streams as Stereo PCM. Edit: broadcast OTA tv is also only stereo pcm. 

We have audio output set to passthrough on the TV. Playback settings on my Netflix account are set to high. The Netflix content has the 5.1 audio option selected. 

The Beam is plugged into the earc port, not sure what else to try at this point. 

Does anyone have any advice on what I’m doing wrong here? 

Update: after some more googling, a Reddit user mentioned that playing YouTube content will cause a glitch with the audio getting stuck at stereo PCM. A restart solved the issue until you use YouTube again. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Darkelipse04 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I have a Hisense TV connected to my Sonos Amp, and until the most recent TV software update, I had “Passthrough” selected too. After the update, however, I found I needed to change this option to “Auto” to continue getting surround sound. My TV does not have eARC, but I’m hoping this step will help on your model too.

It goes against the whole concept of “passthrough”, but Hisense are not the first to play around with the definition by any stretch of the imagination.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the insight! Setting it to Auto instead of having passthrough on seems to have fixed this!