Answered

Beam 2 + Ikea Symfonisk unable to pair

• 24 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I got huge problem with pair my Ikea Symfonisk to my Beam 2. I already tried to restart my router and both Sonos devices but nothing changes. From Beam options I can use option to add new device but somehow nothing shows here as avaiable option to pair. Both devices are under one wifi network. Any clue how i can fix this ? Oh and i got only one Symfonisk gen 2 right now but I assumed that this would not be a problem ? Also when i connected one speeker and adding second one to the same room then somehow Sonos app create second room (same name with added number) instead of just add speaker to existing room.

My diagnossis number 499631236

icon

Best answer by ratty 24 July 2022, 20:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

To add as surround speakers you would need TWO Symfonisk units.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2927

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4807

You cannot bond a single speaker as a surround.  You need 2 of the same model.  

Just to be sure : so if I would have second Symfonisk unit then I will be able to connect them both to my Beam 2 ?

Just to be sure : so if I would have second Symfonisk unit then I will be able to connect them both to my Beam 2 ?

Yes, see the two posts above from jgatie and ratty.

Yes, but only as surround speakers, which need to be positioned behind and to the sides of the main viewing area to be effective. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And the new speaker needs to be the same as the one you already have. IKEA sells two speakers under the Symfonisk brand, the bookshelf and the lamp. These cannot be combined for surround.

Noted - thank you all for answers !