Skip to main content

Beam 2 and Panasonic Viera Link issue

Hi All,

Just get my Sonos Beam Gen 2 in order to complete my Panasonic OLED 55EZ950E sound.

Of course HDMI port 2 is ARC labelled and I d’like to use it in order to connect my Beam but no success until now… Sonos app said Viera Link is not enabled. 

Viera Link is well activated in settings but I can't acces to Viera Link in apps in order to set up sound as home theater (information found on this community).

Beam works with optical cable but I don’t buy it for using it with optical cable, I want to use 100% of Beam Gen 2 potential.

Hope someone succed to solve the same issue :)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Guillaume84, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve also had a look around and can see the same response, to set the speaker output to Home Theater in settings after enabling Viera Link. If you aren’t able to access these settings, I’d suggest reaching out to Panasonic, as they have more information on their devices that we would.

What I would suggest from our end, would be to try a different TV or HDMI cable to see if that resolves the issue as the Beam works via optical.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7

@Guillaume84 When you access the apps on your TV, do you not see a VIERA Link app?

Hi,

Thanks for your both replies.

I tried to connect my Beam to an other tv and everything goes well and fast. 

Definitively my Panasonic 55FZ950E and Viera Link is the problem. I couldn’t access to Viera Link app from Apps menu… function not available…

Tried to contact Panasonic but they’re not able to help… I’ll have to change my TV but not the option the most cost effective :p

Userlevel 7

Hi,

Thanks for your both replies.

I tried to connect my Beam to an other tv and everything goes well and fast. 

Definitively my Panasonic 55FZ950E and Viera Link is the problem. I couldn’t access to Viera Link app from Apps menu… function not available…

Tried to contact Panasonic but they’re not able to help… I’ll have to change my TV but not the option the most cost effective :p

Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the Beam? Is there anything else connected to the TV?

I tried so many option :) 

3 differents cables including the one received with the beam… and this one works on my old Panasonic 50G30 plasma… off course I can acces to Viera Link on this tv.

Beams 2 works with optical cable on my 55FZ950e but no HDMI means no HD audio.

Userlevel 7

Is there anything else connected to the TV? Have you tried unplugging the TV and Beam from power for a couple of minutes and redoing the TV Setup process in the Sonos app?

Hi Maestro,

I tried too :( 

I think if I can acces to Viera Link settings, I will still have this issue...

Userlevel 7

Is there anything else connected to the TV?

I tried with my TV decoder connected or with no other devices, still have the same result.

Userlevel 7

Try this in this SPECIFIC order:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure VIERA Link is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect the TV decoder to the TV.

Thanks for trying again and again but still stuck at the same step, Beam never connected, Sonos app ask to connect Viera Link…

Two options:

I’ll keep using the Beam with optic adapter until my Panasonic goes to trash 

or offering my Beam to my dad and stay with poor TV Sound.