Skip to main content
Answered

Beam 1 Compatibility w 2014 Sony Bravia

• 6 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Gen1 Beam? I have 2014 Sony Bravia with 1 hdmi port which has fire stick plugged into it.  I have the audio connector cable, but do not see where I can plug into the TV?  Will Sonos Beam Gen 1 not work with TV as described?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

What TV model is it? If the Sony TV has an optical-out port, you can likely use the Sonos "optical-to-hdmi” audio adapter that’s supplied with the Beam. 

The Beam is an ARC device. Does your 2014 Bravia TV have an HDMI port marked ARC? If so, the Beam is connected to that port with the HDMI cable supplied with the Beam, and your Fire Stick would be connected to any other HDMI port on the TV. 

Or, you could connect an optical cable to that TV’s optical port, and connect that to the adapter that came with your Beam, which would convert the optical output of the T.V. to an ARC signal which the Beam reads. 

Badge

Thanks. It is Sony Bravia KDL 60w610b. It only has 1 HDMI port which is used by fire stick. Problem is I don’t see where audio connector cable can plug into TV.  Thus wondering if compatible w system as described?

According to the manual here, it has four HDMI ports? It labels port 2 as ARC?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That TV has a digital audio output, but I can’t find a picture or any indication if it is optical or rca. If the former, use the adapter that comes with the Beam, if the latter you’ll need a converter.

Badge

Thanks Bruce. Tv was on stand and not easy to handle.  With manual you supplied was able to locate HDMI port.  Should cable go in HDMI or HDMI ARC port?

Badge

Sorry says to connect to Arc.  Thanks everybody for taking time to help.