Beam 1 and Arc

• 20 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a beam gen 1 and recently found an open box Arc for $400. I hooked it up and will have to say I am not impressed with the Arc. It didn’t have a wow facture to me. All of my TV settings are correct on my 1 Year old Sony TV. I tried trueplay but it didn’t seam to make a difference. I am debating on returning the arc and getting a mini sub for the gen 1 or returning the arc and getting a gen2. I don’t have the money to purchase a sub for the arc just to make it sound better. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sounds like you perhaps have a fault somewhere in your HT setup as the Sonos Arc here sounds fine when playing all audio types, particularly Dolby Atmos - try playing ‘John Wick 4’ or ‘6 Underground’ movies, just as examples, as both sound good with that Soundbar, even when it’s used standalone.

I tried 6 underground and the Atmos sounds good. After switching back to normal tv though, the dialog just sounds low. The dialog on the beam 1 just seams a bit louder

Userlevel 7

Make sure the TV is set to these settings (if available):

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

Tv is currently on all of these settings. Juts watched a show on Hulu and I had the volume up to 40 to here the dialogue clearly sitting 10 feet away