Answered

Baseline calculation for height setting and ceiling height?

• 10 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Is there some form of baseline for the height setting of the Arc and Era 300 speakers? What I mean is for example a +1 for each 30/40 cm of ceiling height? So for a ceiling of 270 cm the best setting would be around 7 or 8.  And yes I am aware I could just experiment what sounds best to me but I am just wondering if there is a best practice. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 September 2023, 13:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

How tall is your ceiling? Is it flat and without obstructions? How far are you seated from the Arc and Era 300s?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

How tall is your ceiling? Is it flat and without obstructions? How far are you seated from the Arc and Era 300s?

It’s about 270cm, unobstructed. Arc is about 2,5 m from seating position and the Era 300’s are about 1,5m angled towards the main seating position.

Userlevel 7

Those are very ideal distances and the ideal ceiling height. You shouldn’t need to set the Height Level any higher than +2 to +4.

The other recommendation is not angling the Era 300s. Keep them straight directly facing the front wall as recommended by Sonos.