Skip to main content

I've got my system up to date and using the newest iPhone app and I have an Arc soundbar.

The problem I have is that the balance slider on the app doesn't do anything; when I'm listening to stereo audio it doesn't matter which way I move the slide it doesn't change the audio output at all

i I need the balance to work because the left side of my Arc is very close to a wall and the right is far; even after Trueplay tuning, the audio sounds about 30% to 40% louder on the left than right and I can't fix it because the balance feature in the app doesn't work

please help 

I've got my system up to date and using the newest iPhone app and I have an Arc soundbar.

The problem I have is that the balance slider on the app doesn't do anything; when I'm listening to stereo audio it doesn't matter which way I move the slide it doesn't change the audio output at all

i I need the balance to work because the left side of my Arc is very close to a wall and the right is far; even after Trueplay tuning, the audio sounds about 30% to 40% louder on the left than right and I can't fix it because the balance feature in the app doesn't work

please help 

It doesn’t work here either. HOWEVER, I don’t remember there ever being a balance slider for the Arc before this app update. I’m pretty sure I would have adjusted it if it had been there previously. I was thinking this was a new addition in this app update that had yet to be ‘switched on’.

Happy to be wrong on this!

The balance slider doesn’t do anything for my speakers either when connected to the soundbar 

The balance slider doesn’t do anything for my speakers either when connected to the soundbar 

As I mentioned, I don’t remember it being there before this update. I feel it’s new and not yet operational. Do you recall it being there before…?

Yes, it was there before AND you could adjust the surrounds while they’re set up with the soundbar. Now we you adjust the balance only when they (Ones or Eras) are set up as a standalone pair. 

This is not great at all, as many users would not have the surrounds positioned symmetrically behind them. Without the ability to adjust, the surround is not working well then and overpowered from one side. Disappointing and a valid reason to more to a different surround system. Yet easy to fix with an app if Sonos does it. 

I’ll beg to differ. I don’t remember there ever being a balance slider for surrounds. The only time I’ve ever seen balance is on my stereo pair of Ones. I’m 99% certain it was never there for Arc/sub/surrounds as I spend most of my life in Settings… The only settings it used to have were surround volume and surround distance.

In any case, the latest app update from yesterday has removed this slider entirely from the Arc/sub/surround, which the new app had (to my mind) introduced.

Ok, now I see it has disappeared all together from the app after a few weeks. This is not great at all.