Answered

Autoplay

• 14 June 2023
  • 3 replies

How do I turn autoplay off? I thought there was an option at one time, but can’t find it now. Sometimes I don’t want the TV to play anything but its own speaker, but turning on the TV engages autoplay for the Sonos system. I want to disable that on ocassion.

icon

Best answer by controlav 14 June 2023, 01:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

On Desktop? You can’t, was removed years ago. On mobile? Settings / System / <select device> / TV Autoplay

Though why you would want to listen to anything on a TV speaker I can’t understand.

The problem probably isn't Autoplay, because Autoplay wouldn't be triggered unless the audio is already being routed to the soundbar, probably due to CEC automatically choosing it over the internal speakers.   Turn off CEC, choose the internal speakers, and it won't revert to the soundbar no matter what the Autoplay setting.

Thanks controlav. Found it - thankyou. The “TV speaker only” is a long convoluted story.