Answered

Audio quality Beam Gen 2 + One SL

• 28 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I have added a couple of One SL to my Beam Gen 2 to complement the surround system, whenever I try to play any movie or media trough any streaming service the quality sound available is not the optimal or the highest available, i.e. HBO Max has Atmos but the most that I'm able to get is 5.1, Disney offers 5.1 but I'm only getting Stereo; Beam is connected via HDMI eARC on a Sony TV KD-65X75K (I'm aware that does not has Atmos, but prior to adding the One SL I was able to get Atmos).

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 30 November 2023, 06:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Adding the One SLs as surrounds should not change your ability to play Atmos content to the Beam.

Make sure the TV is set to these settings:

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1
Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus
Pass Through Mode: Auto
eARC Mode: Auto

Test the films Black Panther on Disney+ and The Matrix on Max.

Configuration is as mentioned, still most of the content is played on a lower audio quality, however, The Matrix is detected on Atmos, this confirmed via Sonos app.

Not sure if there's any other option.

It may be time to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 7

Configuration is as mentioned, still most of the content is played on a lower audio quality, however, The Matrix is detected on Atmos, this confirmed via Sonos app.

So Dolby Atmos works on the Max app. Good.

Now let’s check Disney+. When you play Black Panther on Disney+, what audio format is displayed in the Sonos app?

So Dolby Atmos works on the Max app. Good.

Now let’s check Disney+. When you play Black Panther on Disney+, what audio format is displayed in the Sonos app?

Playing Black Panther the audio is Stereo PCM. 

The whole Disney catalogue is a lower quality than the one mentioned in the information about the movie/show.

Userlevel 7

In the Disney+ app settings, make sure the Data Usage setting is set to Automatic. Also make sure you are playing the ORIGINAL language audio track.