Answered

Audio Delay PS5 and Ray

• 13 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

1 was wondering if someone could offer me some advice.

I've recently purchased a ray for my gaming room, and I'm seeing some noticeable audio lag. I am about to fit 2

Sonos Ones as rear surrounds and would like to get all my settings correct first.

PS5 is connected to TV via 8k HDMI Cable, tv ray is connected to TV Optical Output.

TV is a Samsung UE55RU7470UXXU.

I've played around with the TV audio delay setting which effects HDMI-ARC, which I know the ray doesn't use, and SPDIF. I've also played with the audio delay sync within the Sonos App. I'm still not able to find a solution.

My settings are as follows:

PS5 Settings: Audio output - Output Device: HDMI Device (Sound Bar) Audio output - HDMI device type: Sound Bar

Audio output - Audio Format: Dolby

TV Settings: Sound Output: Optical Sound Mode: Game Digital Audio Format: Dolby Digital Digital Output Audio

Delay: 100

Sonos app is showing Dolby Digital 5.1 on the Ray.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by controlav 16 January 2023, 14:55

View original

3 replies

The minimum delay between a TV and a SONOS soundbar is 30ms.

Thanks for your reply. 

I have still not managed to improve the audio sync situation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Audio delay here is caused by the TV. Its much less common to happen over optical than HDMI, but that is what you have.

I don’t have a PS5 so I don’t understand what you configured it for HDMI audio - if it was an Xbox I would set it to Stereo and see what happens with that.

Although it looks like an old TV, a check on a firmware update might still be fruitful.