Skip to main content
Answered

Atmos challenges with Apple Music app on Samsung TV

• 23 December 2023
  • 5 replies

I have my Samsung S95B connected to my Arc via HDMI and set for eARC. On most apps, like Netflix, Prime, Apple TV+, and even Plex, ATMOS works fine - if the source is coded with ATMOS, that comes across on my Sonos system…

My problem is with the Apple Music app on my Samsung TV. It will not play music in ATMOS. I know the source is in ATMOS because when I play the same album/song using the Sonos app on my iPhone, it plays in ATMOS format…

I need confirmation that it should work, before I spend and more time on it. If the Apple Music app on Samsung TV will not play ATMOS for now, that’s fine - I just want to know.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Dolby Atmos music is not supported from the Apple Music app on your Samsung TV. You need to stream directly from Apple Music on the Sonos app or from the Apple Music app on an Apple TV 4K.

Badge

Thank you for confirming… At least now I know it is not a “me”-issue…

Badge

Does anyone know if Apple will release a version that will play Dolby Atmos?

I suspect that’s a question that Samsung would be in a better position to answer…particularly if that app on the TV can be updated. 

Badge

It can for sure be updated - they just rolled out a new version a few weeks ago.

For now though, I got an Apple TV 4K and switched my setup to the ATV being my hub for entertainment on my TV. All apps - Apple TV, Netflix, Prime, Plex, Apple Music) now play Dolby Atmos on my Sonos…