I realize this has has been addressed in another post, but the solution there didn't help, so reposting. First some background:
1. Been using Sonos since 2008. What attracted me (despite their high price) was their robustness
2. In 2021, while my fellow Sonos users were complaining about Sonos' new products not being backwards compatible to their older products, I replaced all my Sonos S1 products with new S2 products (again because Sonos products are reliable, robust and always just work)
Now my issue:
1. Since my upgrade on 2021, my Arc/Sub and Port have been working flawlessly fir months. However in the last few weeks, my Arc/Sub intermittently disappear from the app. My Port *never* disappears from the app. What is specific about the Arc that isn't applicable to the Port?
2. I've tried factory resets to the Arc, reinstalling the app and going through the entire setup process and everything works fine for like 30min or an hour. Then the Arc disappears again
3. My Arc is connected via ethernet. I've tried disconnecting the Ethernet and going wireless, but it still disconnects after about an hour.
4. I've tried turning off wifi for the Arc via the app and just using the Ethernet cable, but the app wouldn't let me select this option - it just kept saying "this can take several minutes" but it didn't allow me to switch over to disabling the wifi.
It goes without saying that these products are not cheap and then to buy them all over again a second time and have the robustness factor that Sonos was known for go to crap is extremely disappointing.
If anyone has a solution for the above, I'd certainly appreciate it. Else, I'll be getting rid of all of my Sonos speakers and will be sure to tell anyone and everyone who'll listen about my recent experience with Sonos.
Thanks in advance.
Best answer by AirgetlamView original