Skip to main content

Arc volume differs dramatically between streaming apps

• 8 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Just set up an Arc and the volume varies greatly between apps. I (and my bird/dogs/partner) are often blasted when moving from one app to another.

ex: Watching a movie on Netflix and then move to a Youtube video and the sound jumps up 2x. I lower the volume to a reasonable volume then move to something else in a different app and all of a sudden the volume is loud again.

I haven’t tested thoroughly, so I’m not sure if it indicates a consistent ratio/difference between apps along some linear spectrum, or if the difference is consistent across specific apps.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’ve not noticed this using the apps on my 2019 Samsung, nor on my 2011 Samsung that my Beam has been connected to. I’ve been using the apps on the TV,  Chromecast, PS4 and Apple TV 3 on my old TV and the apps on the TV, PS4, PS5 and Nvidia Shield on my new TV.

What TV and other devices are you using?

Ah good point; I’ll update post. Using an LG C2 that’s roughly 6mo old. I stream through a 4k Google TV dongle as well as the LG OS.

I didn’t run into these issues with my Vizio sb36512-f6 5.1.2 system