Arc surrounding speaker placement different depth

• 3 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, was wondering if it’d be possible to put the rear surround speakers at different distances to the sitting position.  Right one about 3 ft back and to the side.  and the left one about 9-10 ft behind.  Both at about the same height.  Is there a way to run optimization for that or would the sound be weird?  Please let me know if anyone has tried it.  Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

The sound will definitely be off. Running TruePlay via the Sonos app may help (assuming you have or can borrow an iOS device such as an iPhone). 

Any particular reason as to why the placement of the surrounds must differ so drastically?

I have a open floor plan and the only place to put the left speaker is on the kitchen counter which is farther back from the couch.  Otherwise I would have to put it in the middle of the room behind the couch, but no power outlet.  Curious if anyone has tried it with Trueplay.  Thanks