Answered

Arc soundbar and external headphones

• 5 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I recently added the Sonos Arc soundbar to my TV. I connected via the HDMI eARC port and the sound quality is pretty good. In my previous setup, I was able to turn my Yamaha soundbar and surround system off and connect my TV to my bluetooth headphones if I was watching TV late at night to not disturb my family members.

I am unable to do that anymore. My headphones still connect to the TV but the sound is always directed to the soundbar. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Is there a way to continue using headphones even after connecting the soundbar? I don’t want to unplug the soundbar every time I want to switch to headphones.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 5 February 2024, 23:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@pankaj.swami 

Take a look at your tvs audio settings. Many tv models have an option to switch between audio outputs (internal speakers, external audio system etc.). 

In my own case I just switch off CEC on my LG TV to then use my Sony headphones BT paired to my TV, so perhaps try disabling the protocol temporarily and see if that sorts it.

You’ll need to temporarily disable HDMI-CEC on the TV to prevent the soundbar from reacquiring the audio output. 

EDIT: Ken types faster than me. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Ken_Griffiths and @ratty . I will try this setting later this evening.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Ken_Griffiths and @ratty - Your solution worked!