Answered

Arc sound quality

• 29 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi Sonos,

I recently bought a Sonos Arc and have connected it to my TV using the HDMI Arc output of my (Philips) TV. Unfortunately I’m not that blown away by the sound quality, it sounds very ‘metallic’ and ‘crisp’ (I don’t have a sub at the moment so I expected to miss a little bass, but now it just sounds cheap.

I created a diagnose report, the id being: 1920014812. Would be great if someone from support could check if there are any issues with the setup, or if anyone has any tips..

Johan

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 29 January 2022, 21:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

There’s an entire thread dedicated to this, although it was created soon after the Arc was released in 2020. I have not seen many complaints in a while:

Have you performed Trueplay tuning yet? If you don’t have an iOS device, I suggest you borrow one from a friend or relative to perform Trueplay tuning. It only needs to be done once.

Thanks for your reply! Will surely have a look at the thread you posted, already some good learnings there. 

To answer your questions, I did already do the Trueplay tuning, but give it another go tomorrow. Already read some people got better results doing the tuning again.

Also wanted to support to check the diagnose report to eliminate any errors before staring all kind of tests myself. Just to be sure.

Thanks again!