Skip to main content

I’ve been after a soundbar for a long time. Playbar would have been perfect but tech has moved on and with BF there are a few really attractive deals for the Arc.

The TV is in a recess area that is 155cm / 61 inches wide, the Arc is 114cm / 45 inches wide. This gives the Arc 20cm / 8 inches either side. Would the side firing speakers reverberate off the side walls detorting the sound? Or is it possible to turn them off completely.

please excuse the condition, currently preparing for carpets and skirting etc

Sonos recommends at least 1’ of clearance on either side of the Arc. At 8” the side-firing drivers probably won’t be as effective at producing a virtual surround effect, but it should still sound ok. If this is a concern for you, you might consider the Beam (Gen 2) instead.

The side-firing drivers cannot be disabled on the Arc.

@GuitarSuperstar 

thankyou for a speedy reply.

Not concerned with achieving a surround experience as the room set up is restrictive against this unless financial investment of wall speakers.
The Beam just doesn’t appeal, I’ve had demos and loved the Arc. Realistically I won’t be thumping out at full blast but will appreciate the wide delivery of sound.